(As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing)

<< Linkage >>

Personal...

personal photos (updtd 01 June 06)

TE favorites

Indices...

Blue Mountain 1, 2

Honduras/Nicaragua 2005

Long Bay (March 2006)

VBS 2006 1, 2, 3

Friends...

Bekah

Jenn

Recommended...

KCRW stream

sky.fm: classical guitar

WNRN stream

Tools...

bible.gospelcom.net

Jamaica ESSO map

mas linkage (wx links)

wikipedia.com


<< Sarcasm Scale >>

An explanation...

[0] = drop dead serious

[1] = no sarcasm, take it at face value

[2] = light banter

[3] = sarcastic, but still in a good mood

[4] = very sarcastic, almost enough to make you take a step back and say, "whoa"

[5] = very sarcastic, perhaps a skosh overboard [3] (and typically it means I'm upset)


j5 200908194.2007

24 September 2005 11:53

Random links:

Let me put in a plug for a good radio station, KCRW.  I used to listen to them locally when I lived in LA; their Morning Becomes Eclectic show is a very good listen - "combining progressive pop, world beat, jazz, African, reggae, classical and new music".  They have a huge archive of previous shows (including BBC's version of Hitchiker's Guide).  No need to be bored here.

Movie style Bank Robbery.

Article on Sudan: In Sudan, Sitting in One Prison to Escape Another

Moving yet further down the happiness scale, here's a scan of a newspaper article from here in Kingston.  It is a lesson on the temporary status of life, the "quality" of Jamaican newspaper reporting, and a short glimpse of the vernacular.  Daily Observer

Courtesy of NASA, World Lights.  While we're hogging bandwith..

NASA images of Katrina, showing flooding &c.

And then in the Rita section, we have this cool mpeg of rainfall around the hurricane at 1300EDT yesterday (23 Sept).

Switching topics completely, a useful links page of Mennonite Connections.  Although one year old, it is still a fairly current "catalogue of Mennonite and Amish resources on the Internet".

Which reminds me, I have here a list of articles on numerous topics from a Mennonite perspective.  The website is Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (a.k.a. Holdeman) maintained; and as I haven't read all the articles (there are a lot of resources here), I can't personally affirm their contents.  However, a number of the expressed viewpoints are for the most part  generically agreed upon by a lot of the conservative Mennonite groups.  There are articles from the Mennonite GC, Herald Press, and Southeastern conference—as well as a number of other random places.

Just for grins and giggles, I needed this for something at some point: Great Circle Calculator.

11:53   email me   permalink / commentary (1)


Hey on the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite topic here is another site with information on them and more is constantly being added regarding their beliefs. :) http://www.Holdeman.org    14 January, 2006 02:53 – Anonymous Anonymous  


<< add comment >>

Powered By Blogger TM

gostats.com  

statcounter.com