19 October 2005 06:41
cleaning off my sidebar...I once saw a shirt that said on the front, "Calvinism: This shirt chose me," and on the back, "Arminianism: I chose this shirt."
"Ultimately, I am a Calvinist because I had no choice in the matter."
Q: How do you keep a moron in suspense?
"A nation that kills its own children has no future." —John Paul II's reaction to the liberalization of the abortion law in Poland, 1996
"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." —Ronald Reagan
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." —Albert Einstein
"Paul preached the gospel better than I do, but even he could not preach a better gospel," —C. H. Spurgeon.
"It becomes those who profess the gospel to strive for it, to use a holy violence in taking the kingdom of heaven." —Matthew Henry's Commentary on Philippians 1:27-30
"God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" —Thomas Jefferson, 1786; personal letter to George Washington; engraven on the Jefferson Memorial.
Take my advice; I don't use it anyway.
In a Los Angeles taxicab I spotted a neatly wrapped little box in the corner of the seat. Handing it to the driver, I said, "Looks like one of your passengers forgot something." With a nonchalant "Thanks," he opened the glove compartment and tossed in the package, which looked as though it had come from a jewelry shop. I noticed several packages in the compartment. Then he explained: "These boxes are for a little game of psychology I play iwth my customers. I've found that four out of five men will return the package. But I guess women are just too curious or covetous. About four out of five can't resist."
"What's in the box?" I asked. "Just a note," he answered. "It says, 'Crime Does Not Pay.'" —James Hodgson
A budget is just a method of worrying before you spend money, as well as afterward.
"Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much... the wheel, New York, wars, and so on, whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely the dolphins believed themselves to be more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons." —Douglas Adams "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
"As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing." —unknown
If at any time you do not receive the smile you were expecting, be generous and give that person a smile. Because nobody has as much necessity of a smile than the person that does not know how to smile at others.
"The Prince of Peace is Jesus Christ.
We who were formerly no people at all,
Who knew of no peace,
Are now called to be a church of peace.
Their hearts overflow with peace.
Their mouths speak peace,
And they wallk in the way of peace." —Menno Simons 1552
Optical Illusion
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." —Laurence J. Peter
one account of climbing Mt. Sunflower (keep clicking "next page")
"What if the well-filled church in the homeland needs stirring? They have the Scriptures, Moses, and the prophets, and a whole lot more. Their condemnation is written on their bank books and in the dust on their Bible covers." —Jim Elliot, in Gates of Splendor, explaining why he was taking his talents to Ecuador.
this way cool: racquetball
06:41 email me permalink / commentary (0)
