(As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing)

<< Linkage >>

Personal...

personal photos (updtd 01 June 06)

TE favorites

Indices...

Blue Mountain 1, 2

Honduras/Nicaragua 2005

Long Bay (March 2006)

VBS 2006 1, 2, 3

Friends...

Bekah

Jenn

Recommended...

KCRW stream

sky.fm: classical guitar

WNRN stream

Tools...

bible.gospelcom.net

Jamaica ESSO map

mas linkage (wx links)

wikipedia.com


<< Sarcasm Scale >>

An explanation...

[0] = drop dead serious

[1] = no sarcasm, take it at face value

[2] = light banter

[3] = sarcastic, but still in a good mood

[4] = very sarcastic, almost enough to make you take a step back and say, "whoa"

[5] = very sarcastic, perhaps a skosh overboard [3] (and typically it means I'm upset)


j5 200908194.2007

24 November 2005 11:01

I wrote this up in a differen't place and it didn't get included with its proper post, it's supposed to be the preamble to my post last Saturday.

The day started off with the alarm ringing at 0500. ergh.

Then when I dropped my toothbrush twice (once on the floor, then once in the sink), I didn’t have a whole lot of hope for a good day.

But eventually the sun came up and things turned out alright (until I come down with a virulent disease contracted from a dirty toothbrush).

I rarely fail to enjoy approaching the airport on my taxi ride. The airport is a couple miles back up off the main road in the country. There’s tall waving grass, flowering trees (though not so much this time of year), birds, and clear air. Today too we had the full moon setting before us just as the sun rose behind us.

Yesterday as I was driving to the airport in Jamaica during the gathering dawn, I caught the tail end of the moon setting behind the red hills. It really threw me for a split second until I figured out what it was. My initial reaction was “sunrise!”; but being at the wrong end of things (ie, the west), the wrong colour (more yellow than red), and surrounded by dark dark blue — it really confused my sub-conscious to no end. But it was still very pretty. Not to mention surreal.

Yesterday too, when I got into Tuxtla Javier (our taxi driver) wasn’t there to pick me up yet. So I started walking. Unfortunately he didn’t let me enjoy the countryside much before he came tearing up. These fall days here are so beautiful it almost hurts. Maybe I should camp out at the airport one day. That’d be fun except for the 40º lows (whatever it is, it ain’t tropical).

The mornings happen quickly here, but still manage to be relaxed...

11:01   email me   permalink / commentary (0)



<< add comment >>

Powered By Blogger TM

gostats.com  

statcounter.com