22 December 2005 22:49
here's an article i came across in USA Today that puts mennonites in one of the most positive lights I've seen in secular media.don't think I gave you the links to some interesting photos of that explosion in england a week or two ago, espectially this one which is rather clever.
this morning i had a rough time getting my sarcasm under control as I dealt with a rather tedious coworker. after reading one particuarly frustrating email from him I wrote up an acerbic one-sentence reply. sighing to myself, I decided that i really couldn't send it, as much as I wanted to. four re-writes later (literally) i finally had something that was not only neutral, but if I didn't know any better I'd say sounded bright and cheery too. is that lying, to bury my true sentiments four layers deep in "tact"? it's true I guess that my viewpoint actually changed as the spirit conquered the flesh (or maybe the flesh just got bored and went to lunch so the spirit had the place to itself for a bit). my Bible teacher back in middle school had a fondness for saying "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer."
in the long run of course, the Christian thing was the better thing to do. by the time i came across my coworker in person some seven hours later, i had put an interesting flight under my belt, and was hyper enough as a result to not care when i met him how annoying he was being. if you can't keep them from annoying you, just be more annoying to them =).
22:49 email me permalink / commentary (1)
interesting positive take on "the mennonites", which apparently are an unusual but interesting species of animals not often seen by other species.
or maybe just not recognized for the humans they are ;) 23 December, 2005 15:04 –

