(As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing)

<< Linkage >>

Personal...

personal photos (updtd 01 June 06)

TE favorites

Indices...

Blue Mountain 1, 2

Honduras/Nicaragua 2005

Long Bay (March 2006)

VBS 2006 1, 2, 3

Friends...

Bekah

Jenn

Recommended...

KCRW stream

sky.fm: classical guitar

WNRN stream

Tools...

bible.gospelcom.net

Jamaica ESSO map

mas linkage (wx links)

wikipedia.com


<< Sarcasm Scale >>

An explanation...

[0] = drop dead serious

[1] = no sarcasm, take it at face value

[2] = light banter

[3] = sarcastic, but still in a good mood

[4] = very sarcastic, almost enough to make you take a step back and say, "whoa"

[5] = very sarcastic, perhaps a skosh overboard [3] (and typically it means I'm upset)


j5 200908194.2007

02 March 2006 17:57

I was bored the other day (always a bad sign).

Then I became inspired.  (thanks go to diamondgeezer)

I set out to count how many words I blogged each month.  I had a theory that there was a slump every winter.

I was wrong.

I then set out to count how many times I've been wrong.  I had a theory that this was the first time.

I was wrong.

But I like to count things and make graphs, so here are graphs of the number of words I posted per month.


Total for 38 months

As you can see I've had my ups and downs, but for the last year I was getting the "swing" of it.  Then I went home for a six week vacation and it all went to pieces.

Now here's the monthly totals on top of each other, with an average.  Contrary to my hope that my February slump is normal, this shows that late spring, mid summer, and early winter are my lows


Totals and average per each month of the year

A few observations.
 - December doesn't surprise me.  I like December.  It's a month of anticipation. (monthly)
 - The summer of 2003 I was at home, I do things with my family and don't write much when I'm home in summer. (total)
 - The consistent July peak has me very perplexed.  May / June / August are what I would expect because I spend less time on a computer.  But July? (monthly / total)
 - The cyclic pattern for 2005 has me curious.  It doesn't suprise me that I write in surges, is that just how the surges happened to fall (since I collected data in 30 day periods)?  I'd have to graph by week or day to be sure, and that's entirely too much effort for a trivia question. (total)
 - March doesn't surprise me.  I've never been very outgoing in March. (monthly)
 - You'll note the trendline shows a slight decrease in writing over the course of time. (total)

I didn't bother to post a graph of words per year, since three years isn't much of a sample period.  However, the totals are 54000, 69000, and 58000 for '03, '04, and '05 respectively.  (Which you'll note, is an over all increase contrary to the montly trend).

All told, I wrote over 180,000 words in the 38 month sample period.  Since Blogger claims I'd written 317 posts to that date I averaged 580 words per post.

Enough self-focus, the analysis is over.

17:57   email me   permalink / commentary (2)


You...I...wha...?

That's it, no more free time for you.

(You're not productive in March? I'm offended.)    02 March, 2006 23:20 – Blogger Samantha  

wow    04 March, 2006 13:43 – Blogger aduma  


<< add comment >>

Powered By Blogger TM

gostats.com  

statcounter.com