16 April 2006 18:03
Struck Randomlyfeeling daunted? perhaps the *'d items are more important
* A sample of what Bolt's been up to.
scrappleface came across as rather evangelical today (which brings to mind an interesting phrase: "evangelical satire". maybe that'll work better than the latest 18 step method to salvation).
feeling nauseous? you soon will.
pictures from topleftpixel... geometry - contrast
* why resist? five stars for making me chuckle, pause, then look over my shoulder.
weather news from one island to another... an earthen dam from the late 19th century failed in Kauai, Hawaii last month. small pictures from cbs here and here. you may hear about these things in the states, but I have to work a little harder to here these news clips. somehow when i don't hear them life still goes on, but even though i don't have any good logical arguments I think keeping up with the world has it's benefits.
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol. (unknown)
a way to think about Easter that i'd never come across before.
* food for thought on charging admissions for Easter services (has some interesting comments too...)
completely unsubstantiated "fact" from the internet: More people are killed annually by donkeys than die in air crashes.
CJR calls obscurity out on the carpet.
* some gorgeous Alaska pics.
dis very cool, a zoomable collage of VFR Sectionals. a pdf legend/explanation of chart symbols. got a little side-tracked...let's talk about Montana. Sectional view of Thompson Falls (KTHM) airport. airnav.com data here (including a small pic), satellite view is poorly, it's between the road and the river there in the center.
shall we digress further? how about downriver a bit? area pictures 1 - 2 (source) - 3 - 4 (source) - and even one taken by yours truly of Kyle (5).
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...Not screaming and yelling, like the passengers in his car. (Will Shriner)
I've pulled the quote a little out of context, but I like the "go ahead make my day" feel...
Sherif Ali: What is your name?
T.E. Lawrence: My name is [only] for my friends. (source: wikiquote)
* ...I don't see evil gouging and ripping in my life---just insiduous attitudes that are only slightly miscontrutions of the truth, but set me up to accept even worse ideas. (Abu)
some interesting background on That Hideous Strength.
vocab: dystopia.
18:03 email me permalink / commentary (0)
